Job Objective: Director of User Experience
I am passionate about leading teams that create interaction designs that delight people. My approach combines inspirational leadership, empathy for users, competitive analysis, collaboration with stakeholders and post-launch analysis.
Highlights of Qualifications
- User experience visionary, department manager, and change agent.
- Specialize in building and leading cross-disciplinary user experience teams.
- Proven ability to influence executive stakeholders.
- Decisive, collaborative approach, outstanding communication skills.
Seagate Technology | 2012 to June, 2015
Senior Manager, User Experience Innovation Team
- Defined and implemented a UX vision for Seagate’s retail products ($1.4B in annual revenues).
- Managed a $1M+ budget to within 5% of plan.
- Provided strategic leadership for visual designers, interaction designers and content strategists, significantly driving up Amazon product ratings.
- Reduced time to market by driving collaboration among product management, product development and engineering teams.
- Reduced time to international markets by streamlining the process to translate documentation.
eBay | 2007 to 2011
Senior Manager, User Experience Trading Team, 2009 to 2011
- Simplified and improved the selling experience by reducing the number of workflows.
- Achieved a 100% retention rate with a team of twelve designers.
- Efficiently introduced website innovations through collaboration with product management, product development and QA teams.
- Developed localization processes.
Senior Manager, User Experience Finding Team, 2007 to 2009
- Increased revenue and improved NPS scores by redesigning the buying experience on eBay.
Cisco Systems | 1997 to 2007
Senior Information Architect and Team Lead, User Experience Team | 2003 to 2007.
- Coordinated the design standards of 40 business units by authoring user interface standards and implementation processes.
- Drove the effort to translate applications.
- Led the effort to meet U.S. Government accessibility standards.
Information Architect | 2000 to 2003.
- Increased customer satisfaction with complex networking applications. In the case of Cisco’s most used software product (CiscoWorks), increased customer satisfaction to 4.1 (out of 5) from 2.4.
Manager, Internet Business Solutions Group, Web Services | 1999 to 2000.
- Redesigned Cisco’s Internet Business Solutions website. Dramatically increased traffic.
- Co-Sponsored the “Economist” website, helping to establish Cisco as a networking thought-leader.
Manager, Internet Content and Framework Infrastructure | 1997 to 1999.
- Increased customer satisfaction with Cisco’s website. Drove site-wide content integration. Formed teams of cross-departmental stakeholders to promote the integration of content and to establish company-wide processes.
- Won dozens of website awards, including the “Webby” for best enterprise eCommerce site for three consecutive years.
America Online | 1995 to 1997
Director, Business Development
- Created partnerships that resulted in four successful startups.
Apple Computer, Inc. | 1987 to 1995
Manager, Platform Development Group, 1993 to 1995.
- Increased worldwide sales productivity through the development of an automated performance support system.
Manager, Apple USA (AUSA) Sales Tools, 1992 to 1993.
- Designed and produced sales tools for the international sales force.
Manager, Information Delivery Systems, 1987 to 1992.
- Slashed sales support costs by over $5 million per year by creating a new delivery platform.
Awards & Recognition
- Winner of the Apple “Sales Impact Award” for innovation that resulted in increased sales.
- Winner of the Apple “Values Award” for driving innovative new information distribution techniques.
Education & Training
- B.A., Political Science, Syracuse University.
- B.A., Social Psychology, Syracuse University.
- Management training at Apple University.
- Management and product training at Cisco.